16 oz heavy cream
8 oz Parmigiana Reggiano, grated (buy the real stuff)
4 oz butter
Fresh Nutmeg, grated (to taste, like 8 scrapes across a microplane)
Salt/Pepper to taste
- This sauce can be prepared up to 30 minutes or so before you are ready to serve
- In a medium sauce pan, heat up the the cream on med-hi heat.
- Just before the cream starts to simmer, add the butter, stirring occasionally.
- Once the butter is melted, add the cheese, stirring occasionally.
- Grate in the nutmeg, and add the salt and pepper – A WORD OF CAUTION: Taste the sauce BEFORE adding salt; the cheese is ‘salty’, so you may not need as much salt as you think!
- Set aside until ready to serve. Toss noodles and sauce together and serve hot.
- Buon Appetito!