- 2 Cups Edamame, shelled
- 8 oz haricots verts, trimmed (they are sweeter than green beans)
- ½ cucumber, peeled, seeds removed and cubed
- 8oz grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 Cup Champagne vinegar
- ½ lemon, zest and juice
- ¼ cup good olive oil (I use less $ to cook with and more $ for cold applications, like salad dressing)
- 1 tsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the edamame and green beans, just until tender – about 3 minutes. Drain and run them under cold water to stop the cooking process. Set aside and let dry.
In the bowl you’re going to serve the salad, add the herbs, garlic, vinegar and lemon juice and zest. With a whisk, start slowly mixing the dressing ingredients while slowly adding the olive oil.
Add all of the vegetables to the bowl and toss until completely coated with the dressing. Add Salt and Pepper to taste. Serve immediately. You can prepare this ahead of time, just don’t combine the vegetables and dressing until you are ready to serve.