- 1 lb Raw Shrimp, peeled (including tails), deveined and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 Lemon, zest and juice
- 1 Lime, zest and juice
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ Cup cold water
- ½ Red onion, chopped
- 1 bunch Cilantro, stems removed, and leaves chopped
- ½ Cucumber, peeled, chopped, seeds removed
- 3 Cloves Garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 Serrano pepper, finely chopped
- 1 Avocado, Cubed
- 1 Tomato, chopped, seeds removed
- Salt/Pepper, to taste
Chop and prepare all of the above ingredients, then combine into an airtight, plastic container and let marinate in the refrigerator at least 6 hours up to overnight.
Gently shake the container occasionally in order to completely mix the flavors.
About an hour prior to serving, taste to make sure the flavor balance is where you want it to be, otherwise adjust with more of the ingredients to balance with your palette.
When ready to serve, prepare the “finishing” ingredients (you don’t want to mix them ahead of time because they will get mushy).
Then, drain most of the excess liquid, and combine all the ingredients. Put into a serving bowl, and serve with a thick, chip, such as “Stacy’s Pita Chips”